1/30/2012

Naked

Yogaddiction. It's a real thing. I can talk about it for hours and I want to talk about it for hours. As I am making my commitment to teacher training I find myself giddy. I am excited about all that I can be in this role. A teacher told me that I have a big heart for this yoga and that is a fact. I believe in it so wholeheartedly. I believe in the yoga and all of the life that comes with it.

Today in class I broke a sweat and I broke a tear. My suffering is often in overcoming the way my body is put together. The right side is wonky and after two serious days of snowboarding, my muscles have responded by terrorizing my practice. My right leg in a crazy permacramp means that I am not a happy yogi right now. I try to remind myself to be kind as in my last post and sometimes I succeed but sometimes there is just so much frustration. There is also uncertainty in how hard to push.

We are at day 20 in the challenge now. Class is not always such a struggle, it has become part of my routine even though my time in the hot room is anything but. Today my studio, Bikram Sea to Sky, which opened last summer and is now sponsoring me to go to teacher training held a photo shoot to capture the 26 Asanas and 2 breathing exercises that compose Bikram's Beginner Yoga. I am so proud and excited to be a part of it all.


"Happiness
More or less
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
Oh, my, my
Happiness
Coming and going
I watch you look at me
Watch my fever growing
I know just where I am" - The Verve

No comments:

Post a Comment