10/27/2010

In the hot room your mind is bad neighborhood to be in

You women- Alive in the fire, Catherine, and Ellelove really carried me through class. You were my angels today and I got nothin' but love for you! Your positivity elevated me to say, YES I am going today even though the soreness spread as the day wore on. You have been here before and I am not alone.

It felt amazing to move and stretch my sore back. I was a little discouraged at how foreign my body felt especially in triangle.

I did sit out about half of the class, but that doesn't mean I didn't sweat!

Even during Camel- I only put my hands on my hips and looked back, NO backward bending whatsoever but I could feel different muscles working.

Strange class.

Another 'adjustment' (puke meh blah) tomorrow AND another Yoga class.

To whoever it was that said taking care of our bodies is hard work. They were SO right.

P.S. The thick headband wearing girls were back in class. I bet it gets sweaty under there! Geeew.

3 comments:

Alive in the Fire said...

Hey lady, way to go! You are amazing. So proud of you for sticking through it and trying new things (a camel without backbends, um, sweet!?!!).

I'm hoping that your adjustments will get better and easier. Are you doing some physical training to go along with it? At my chiro, they are all about making sure that your muscles are strengthened in a way that will hold your bones in the RIGHT spot rather than returning to their old (incorrect) muscle memory.

No matter what, you should feel great that you are taking the right steps to take care of yourself. As the little sign reads at my chiro, "Expect miracles!"

XOXO

Catherine said...

I'm *so* glad you listened to the other Kirsten (but pronounced differently) and went, anyway. :)

I was going to email you my thoughts about what the chiro said, but I can't seem to find an email address for you? Mine is on my page, if you want to get in touch. :)

In the meantime, though - I was wondering if you might be able to get a second medical opinion about Mr. Chiro's directive of "no yoga for 3 weeks"? Like Rachel (AliveintheFire), I wonder what kind of strengthening treatment plan he has in mind. That is hugely important.

Congratulations on showing up, respecting your limits, and not wearing a fuzzy headband. That's really important, too. :) I hope today's adjustment is ok. I'm going tomorrow, and while I know that it'll be productive, it's not fun. Hang in there, chica.
xoxo

Unknown said...

You can call me Lacey :)
It is always the harder decision to make to say "I'll go and see what I can do." And it may not mean anything to anyone else, but it does make your mind stronger and in the end... You'll know. And it will matter to you. :)

I understand the logic with the sweatbands, I mean... They might keep the sweat out of your eyes... but seriously?? I'll say it again... Seriously?! I think being natural in yoga is the most beautiful thing a yogini can do for herself.

Post a Comment