6/23/2010

Why Not Wednesdays

Three days in a row of Bikram Yoga. If I roll out of bed and into the yoga the room via the 10:00AM circuit.. don't call me lazy because I cant seem to bring my hands together during Dandayamana-Bibhaktapada-Janushirasana (Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Pose). Snayap. But I guess it worked- because after that I tried even harder and was able to bring them together. That still doesn't mean my legs weren't shaking and sweat was dripping into my eye. My instructor today might be one of my favorite drill sergeants.

My hamstrings screamed all class. It seems like the more days in a row I practice, the more my hamstrings hurt- especially during Dandayamana-Bibhaktapada-Paschimotthanasana (Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Stretching Pose). I cannot seem to find a happy medium stretching during that pose where my worn out hamstrings feel protected but I can still do the pose. It is all or none with that one. This is frustrating because it is hard to progress when you are sore and afraid to push through.

During the Savasana between first and second set of Ustrasana (Camel Pose), my instructor- the one deeming us all lazy decided that today- Wednesday is a 'Why not Wednesday!?' What does that mean? It means we get to hold the pose for twice as long. Last post I set my intention to work on my posture.. and this pose especially helps with it. I guess the Universe was listening.

I am so tired. My body wrung out. My cat likes to practice yoga when I come home from class. She is round like a coconut.


1 comment:

Rachel Koontz said...

Hey Kirsten,
Thanks for following Alive in the Fire! Glad you enjoyed reading, and I could not agree more completely about the Bikram blog community -- every time I encounter another awesome blog, I get super excited! Yay!
Enjoy your day,
Rachel

Post a Comment