4/24/2010

Not flexible today

My body was so stiff and inflexible today. I have been fortunate up until this point to be naturally limber. I am not circus type flexible but rather just flexible enough to venture correctly and deeper into the posture than the average person. I have never taken this gift (as I see it) for granted as there are certain poses such as Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend) which still elude me and cause tremendous stretching.

Today Ustrasana (Camel Pose) brought intense feeling to the conscious part of my mind. The feeling that I know what I want but can't seem to visualize it, when I know what I want to say but can't seem to spit it out, when I see a project that I want to finish and see how great I could make the finished project but can't seem to take the first steps to get there, the feeling at night in the pit of my stomach that something is unsettled and I just can't let it go to sleep. All of these feelings came forward in Camel pose as my mind immediately told me stop, you went to far, pace yourself (my hands weren't even yet on my heals)- and I said no. I will tolerate this feeling and it welled up inside me, I wanted to scream and cry. It passed it was over I was relieved. I don't want this feeling to come back. I let it go and went for second set. The second set did not bring the feeling back as strongly.

My teachers constantly tell me that this Ustrasana (Camel Pose) opens up your heart center. They say is normal to feel emotion in this posture. I find information linking this posture to the fifth chakra aka throat chakra. The throat chakra's state determines how we express our thoughts creatively and how truthfully we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment