10/08/2010

Delicious

Class was delicious.

I hit the 4PM circuit today with mixed feelings. Meh.. I could go, but if I skipped who would care? I would! Because I promised 3X a week min-i-mum!

I got a spot right between the door to the outside and the door to the reception area. Fresh air was flowing. Life was good.

Enter power couple.. you know the husband and wife that come in with their expensive yoga clothes.. rent the towel AND the mat, buy a coconut water + a water bottle, then try on some of the LP yoga clothes by Vata. HE sighed loudly about 50X during class during Savasana while wearing his leopard print yoga manpants. I know this because I could hear him from the complete other side of the room .

They were a trip. I like them. I hope they come back. No judgement of course!

My hamstrings were sore today but moved forward with a much needed correction during Dandayamana-Bibhaktapada-Paschimotthanasana (Standing Separate Leg Stretching Pose). This correction was to grip my heals more than the sides of my feet. I have been gripping the sides of my feet (sort of the heal area but not really) every class religiously. So when my teacher pointed out my fault.. imagine the horror! I also skipped out on all of the sit ups because they make my back feel funny.. but it was a good class.

My local studio was started by Lisa Pelzer. She has two studios in the Vancouver area and teaches a really great class. She also teamed up with VATA to pump out some siiick hot yoga gear. Ch Ch Check it out. Below is her one shoulder design. In my opinion, it is the most unique but I am not sure about functionality. I do stand by VATA and have worn my VATA top to almost all of my classes and only now is it starting to fray. Let me tell you.. my Bikram clothes get ABUSED!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bwahahaha! Enter power couple. I love that, I never thought about it quite like that but we all know who they are in our own studios. Yuppies. ;)

Hot yoga clothes too! Love it.

Post a Comment