8/09/2010

Ready

Some days you are light on your feet after yoga. Worry just rolls off the shoulders. Life is light and carefree. Life is present. All body systems are in balance and sleep will come easy this night.

Today was absolutely the hottest day I have ever had in class. The room was jam packed and our instructor (who I have all the time) is notorious for keeping it hot and steamy. By Standing Bow Pulling Pose my heart was fluttering and I was only able to do one set of each of the subsequent asanas.

I was dizzy and nauseous. I wasn't the only one. One third of the class was either flat on their back or fleeing for the water fountain to refill water bottles.

Today I finished a college course for 3 credit hours that has taken me four years to finish. I feel alive and wonderful regardless of the grade I get. As I move forward into this new chapter of my life, I know that I could not have succeeded without Bikram Yoga.

The reason that I say this is not because I do not believe in myself alone, but because I know I am capable of more. I am capable of more than just waking up, going through the motions, then laying my head down to sleep. The dedication and discipline I find in the yoga room help structure my days so that I am ready for sleep when it comes.

There is an interesting article I read on happiness. In essence is about how the grass is greener on the other side, or at least your mind thinks it is. Well, I don't really have any expectations of my Bikram Yoga practice other than well being.

I don't know what complete well being is but I am enjoying the road there. Click here to read the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment